Industry Insights: Sustainability at Stalbridge Linen
Here at Stalbridge Linen, we strive to operate as a sustainable business. Read on to see some of the key insights from our sustainability report.
As a business, especially one that operates commercial linen services, we understand the importance of sustainability here at Stalbridge Linen.
From reducing emissions, waste and water consumption to creating an inclusive business culture and supporting fundraising, we continuously strive to better our position as an all-round sustainable business.
Read on as we look at some key insights from our sustainability report, showcasing some of the ways in which we have performed positively across the business along with some of our goals for further improvement that we aim to achieve by the end of 2023.
Our Sustainability Framework
We’ve established a framework to follow that allows us to meet our sustainability goals in all areas of our business. This framework is split into four focus areas:
Our Family: ensuring that all our employees feel valued and respected. Our World: completing the transition to a fully circular approach for our operations to protect and enhance the environment. Our Integrity: staying committed to responsible business practices. Our Communities: understanding the communities impacted by what we do and forming better collaborative partnerships to support them, their growth and development.
In 2022, we:
- Completed our first diversity survey
- Completed a sustainability audit of 76% tier 1 suppliers
- Reduced our scope 1 and scope 2 emissions intensity by 24%
- Doubled Better Cotton sourced textiles to 52%
- Achieved 10% water use intensity reduction in our commercial laundry service
- Invested almost £80,000 into local communities
In 2023, our aims have been:
- Roll out diversity awareness training
- Achieve 40% electric vehicles in the company car fleet
- Reduce water use intensity by 2%
- Reduce waste to landfill by 5%
- Develop strategy for transitioning to sustainable materials across our product ranges
- Increase direct financial donation to good causes to £120,000
Choose Sustainability; Choose Stalbridge
If sustainability is important to you as a business, then linen hire is one of the ways you can not only streamline your operations but reduce your environmental impact whilst doing so.
As a company that not only establishes clear sustainability goals across all aspects of business, but proactively works to meet said goals, we should be your go to choice for linen hire.
Get in touch with us today to enquire about our services or learn more about how we make a positive industry difference.